King of Flowers
- Lushan Honeysuckle
Since Tang dynasty, Peonies are know as the King of flowers for their abundance and lush beauty. It symbolizes riches and honor.
An original mixed media painting on Peach handmade paper (bought from Sustainable Papercraft Studio), with Alcohol Inks, Gouache, Embroidery threads and Beads . The size of the painting is approximately 8" x 10" and is mounted in a pinewood float frame. The overall size of the frame is approximately 9"x 11". It comes varnished with 2 coats of Krylon Kamar spray varnish to ensure protection from sunlight over time.
The frames are made from Pine Wood here in my home studio and have a double coat of clear waterbased varnish. It comes in two parts that are attached with screws on the back. If ever need be, the painting can be detached from the outer frame by removing the said screws.
Artist's signature with the date on the side and back of the frame.
Please Note -
- Due to differences in monitor screens, color may appear slightly different in person than on screen.
- This is my first year making frames myself, and even though I have tried and tested the strength of the frames, these can prove to be fragile upon not handling them properly.
- Hanging hardwares are included, but the painting can also be hung directly by the frame.
- All artworks made are original in design and idea.
- Please message or email in the case of any problems.