Trio of Glittering Beetles
This would be the very first time I have ever painted beetles or any insects/bug as a subject of focus. The giant eye in the alcohol ink piece kind of prompted me towards making this into an animated piece and the dark and moody vibes of the Green paper gave the perfect ambience for some glittering beetles.
An original mixed media painting on Dark Green handmade paper (bought from Share Studios), with Alcohol Inks, Gouache, Embroidery threads and Beads . The size of the painting is approximately 5" x 7" and is mounted in a pinewood float frame. The overall size of the frame is approximately 6"x8". It comes varnished with 2 coats of Krylon Kamar spray varnish to ensure protection from sunlight over time.
This is the first batch of frames that I have ever made myself. They are made from Pine Wood and have a double coat of walnut waterbased varnish. It comes in two parts that are attached with screws on the back. If ever need be, the painting can be detached from the outer frame by removing the said screws.
Artist's signature with the date on the side of the frame.
The Prints of this artwork are available under the 'Prints' section.
Please Note -
- Due to differences in monitor screens, color may appear slightly different in person than on screen.
- This is my first time making frames myself, and even though I have tried and tested the strength of the frames, these can prove to be fragile upon not handling them properly.
- Hanging hardwares are not included, but the painting can be hung directly by the frame.
- All artworks made are original in design and idea.
- Please message or email in the case of any problems.